Role of the Hospitalité
Voluntary helpers in the Liverpool Hospitalité of Our Lady of Lourdes welcome and care for all other pilgrims. In particular, Hospitaliers support the Professional Healthcare Team in caring for pilgrims who are sick or disabled.
Work is varied and can be very demanding, both physically and emotionally. Due to the nature of the work, Hospitaliers should be fit and emotionally stable.
- Caring attitude
- Responsibly behaved and sensitive to the needs of others
- Respectful of confidentiality in all aspects of dealings with sick and disabled
- Pray together with other pilgrims
- Listen to and talk with pilgrims
- Assist sick and disabled pilgrims with mobility, such as to/from bed and wheelchair
- Assist sick and disabled pilgrims with washing, dressing and other personal needs
- Assist at mealtimes
- Visit the Grotto and attend services, including daily Mass, and take part in processions
- Be available at all times to be of service to those in need
- Attend preparation days prior to the pilgrimage