(Psalm 100 v2)
Role of the Music Group
To Provide the music for all major services of the pilgrimage and other key events throughout the year. This essential ministry creates the context of our worship and lies at the heart of the life and energy of the pilgrimage. It is in our liturgies that we are renewed and our minds and hearts are raised to God in prayer and petition. We hold to the words of St Augustine…”singing is praying twice”
- Enthusiasm for singing and/or playing instruments (musical training not essential)
- Being active in the group by taking part in rehearsals and Masses before, during and after the pilgrimage.
- Able to work as part of a team and interact with pilgrims with respect and friendliness.
- Engage in fundraising activities.
- To be at the service of the needs of the pilgrimage.
- Availability to support the work of the hospitality – if needed.
- To pray together as a group and bring this prayer into the music of our liturgy.
- To provide the liturgical music all the major pilgrimage services – often twice or three times a day.
- Rehearsals and the search for new liturgical music for the yearly themes – prior to and during the pilgrimage.
- Fundraising in the year.
- Provision of music on the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and the Departure mass.